Church Insurance Coverage
Call Us: (877) 854-7396
To be sure your church is properly protected, let Integrity Now Insurance Brokers place your church insurance coverage with a church insurance carrier that can take care of all of your insurance needs.
In order to meet the special needs of your church, our church insurance carriers offers Property and Liability coverages for churches of all denominations: We love working with churches and we would love to partner with you on for all of your church insurance coverage needs
Some of the church insurance coverages that you may need for your church are the following:
Church Property Insurance
Church property insurance coverage includes items such as your buildings, personal property, signs, property in the open, and fences. The insurance carriers we work with will automatically include coverage for standard losses such as lightening, wind, fire and hail, however, they will also provide coverage for many non-standard items, such as the following:
- Equipment breakdown, including computers, boilers, and electrical equipment.
- Newly acquired or constructed property (our limits exceed industry standards).
- Pastor’s personal property.
- Ordinance or law – building updates to meet with current building codes following a covered loss.
- Stained glass windows.
- Crime (Internal and External)
- Inland Marine – equipment that is being transported
- Personal Effects and property of others on a worldwide basis; for example, property lost on a mission trip.
- Fire and security alarm upgrade – reasonable additional costs to upgrade your system when replaced due to a covered cause of loss.
- Utility services interruption (direct damage and time element) for example, a storm knocks out usage of your utilities and causes damage.
- Automated external defibrillators (AED).
- Indirect loss, such as the loss of church income and tuition fees resulting from a covered peril, including a violent incident; e.g., a church intruder.
- Earthquake sprinkler leakage.
- Green upgrade coverage – pays for the reasonable additional costs to upgrade to more energy efficient and environmentally friendly building elements and appliances in the event of a covered loss.
- Key person replacement coverage – provides for the reimbursement of recruitment expenses to replace a senior or executive pastor who dies in a work-related accident.
- Limited flood coverage – provides building and personal property coverage on a limited basis when loss or damage is a direct result of flood.
General Liability Insurance Coverage
Integrity Now Insurance Brokers will place you with a church insurance carrier that will provide your church with comprehensive church insurance coverage. General Liability coverage protects your church against claims of bodily injury or property damage arising out of its premises or operations for which the church may be found legally liable by a court. It also protects the church against its liability for personal and advertising injury offenses, such as libel and slander. Medical expense coverage is also included, regardless of fault.
Church insurance coverage protects against claims resulting from ministers’ pastoral counseling. This would be your pastors professional liability coverage. It also covers expenses resulting from a violent incident occurring during a church sponsored activity.
Those afforded General Liability protection include church members, employees, officials, staff, and volunteers acting on behalf of the church.
Religious Expression Coverage:
Religious Expression Coverage is now available to churches through one of our carriers. Most church insurance carriers do not offer this coverage which could present your church with a major financial hardship if this type of claim comes your way.
Mental or Emotional Injury Protection for Faith-Based Discriminatory Acts
Unfortunately, mental or emotional injury liability claims can occur for a variety of reasons. Alleged discrimination stemming from religious communications or religious activities can lead to possible mental or emotional injury allegations.
Religious Expression Coverage helps defend your church against claims for mental or emotional injury arising from acts others deem discriminating. You can continue to follow your faith-based worship with confidence, knowing you are covered for staying true to your principles as defined by your House of Worship’s written policies, tenants and doctrines.
Additional Benefits of Religious Expression Coverage
- Any trustee or official, board member, council, deaconry or vestry are insureds for their duties pertaining to your House of Worship;
- Your volunteer workers, employees or members performing duties on your behalf are insured
by these coverages;
- Generous indemnity limit of up to $1 million;
- Reimbursements for legal defense costs as the result of a covered civil proceeding, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution for covered damages including court costs, defense against injunctive relief actions and cost of appeal bonds (up to $150,000 each incident, $300,000 aggregate limit);
- Affordable flat rate premium; and
- Available additional coverage with any House of Worship insurance policy.
A wide variety of optional coverages are also available:
- Owned, Non-owned and hired auto liability
- Directors, officers and trustees officers liability
- Employment practices liability
- Sexual misconduct liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Lost wages coverage
- Counselors liability (licensed and fee-based)
Your church insurance policy will also provide coverage for your licensed daycare facility, elementary school, Jr. High and High School and Private Collage. Our carriers understand that churches have many different types of ministries that expand outside of a normal Sunday service. As you expand your church ministry needs, our carriers have expanded with you. Call us today for a free no obligation church property insurance quote. 562-606-1030
Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
4182 Viking Way, Suite 203 Long Beach, CA 90808